Vehicle / Driver Scheduling & Rostering
Effective vehicle / driver scheduling and rostering can have a dramatic impact on your businesses bottom line. If you have expensive assets (vehicles and drivers) sitting idly around you are spending money with no material benefit.
Planning your schedules and rosters is therefore of great importance. You need to be able to:-
- See which vehicles are available and which vehicles are currently employed elsewhere or in the garage for maintenance
- See which drivers are available or on other work / holiday
- See which drivers have reached their maximum working hours as defined by the working time directive
- See which drivers are available for the specific type of work being required. (ie. Do they have the correct licence and are they available)
- See which vehicles are due for scheduled maintenance either just before or just prior to the work request so you can effectively plan their availability
- Amend the roster on the morning of the work in case a driver calls in absent or a vehicle requires emergency maintenance
The above functionality is typically not suitable for pen and paper or simple excel spreadsheet type solutions. You need something more flexible and robust. TravelManager, has the answer with its scheduling and rostering module.
Life is a lot easier if you plan effectively at the offset. No amount of computer software will be able to help you if you don’t provide it will all of the relevant information and ensure that it is kept up to date. You reap what you sow.
If you need assistance or more information on scheduling and rostering then give us a call and we’ll be glad to assist.